Pawame is an off-grid home solar home system (SHS) company that is tackling the virtually untapped >$35b opportunity to electrify the >160 million households (70% of the population) in sub-Saharan Africa that don’t have access to grid power. As mobile phones did to landlines, solar home systems promise to leapfrog traditional power lines with an innovative, affordable rent-to-own, pay-as-you-go business model. Starting last year from our base in Nairobi, Kenya, we have deployed our solution in over 1,500 households in our first 8 months and plan to reach 250,000 households by 2020.
We will use our customer relationships and the data that we gather to profitably offer a range life-changing products and services like electrical appliances, microinsurance, education loans, and remote health services at scale, thereby making a meaningful contribution to global poverty alleviation.
About the role
As an Administrative Associate, you’re at the heart of our team’s operations and activities and the soul that keeps our team moving forward. You anticipate the needs of managers and team members and help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. You move quickly with the changing environment and are up to date with the latest activities. In addition to being organized and analytical, you possess the strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
We desire to hire an Administrative Associate who is bright, organized, energetic and a dependable person to help us accomplish great things.
- Support in creating and implementing a document management system (DMS) that will be used to track, manage and store documents digitally
- Train the PAWAME team on how & who is authorized to modify different created documents and how to record the modifications and various versions created
Support the Human Capital Department in:
- Maintain employee records (soft and hard copies)
- Support in ensuring the right data is collected and stored during onboarding, performance management, training & development and offboarding of employees.
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data, like absences, bonus, salary increase, leaves and employee exits.
- Process employees’ requests and provide relevant information
- Support in procuring immigration related duties for non-local employees
- Orienting new employees by providing orientation on-boarding packages; HR policies and procedures, Code of Conduct e.t.c.
- Design/develop communications templates and resources
- Develop and implement document control procedure
- Support in providing clear, regular and timely communication to employees and invite feedback on strategic priorities and issues.
- Perform an array of administrative tasks e.g. Manage calendars, book travel, and managing office supplies
- Build efficiency and effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help define new operational strategies.
- A person with a business degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Ability to quickly learn new tools and technologies; Interest and experience in using technology and the Internet to improve work efficiency
- Comprehensive knowledge of process, project and program management theory and practices – and the ability to apply them when solving operational issues.
- Expectation of complete confidentiality on all business matters
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse range of people and job functions
- At least 3 years admin work experience will be an added advantage
- An energetic self-starter who demonstrates strong resourcefulness and personal initiative. Requires little hand-holding to deliver complex tasks
- Good skills in report creation and copywriting
- A person who is able to bring professional polish to business documents that help set us apart
- Highly organized
- A person who has thorough follow through
- Pawame is in one of the fastest -growing industries in East Africa attracting a large investor base
- You will get a chance to work with a group of bold individuals from across four continents who are intrinsically driven to contribute to the livelihoods of the off-grid populations in Sub Saharan Africa and beyond
- Our HQ office is located in one of the greenest environments in Nairobi, Kenya with a chef who cooks delicious meals
- You will have an opportunity to work in an innovative business environment spanning across cleantech, fintech, and consumer products