Our client, one of the world’s leading logistic providers is seeking to recruit Truck drivers.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Role Summary: The Truck driver will be responsible for driving safely and transporting authorized goods from pickup points to designated locations as instructed by the supervisor.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Must have knowledge of highway code and private trucks regulations
- Possess a PSV License for the last 3 – 5 years
- Possess a BCE- Class Driving License
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Ability to read and write to record pickups and maintain daily records
- Proven work experience as a truck driver (Class B, C & E)
- At least 3 years driving experience.
- Ability to drive long hours.
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- No recent moving or driving violations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc)
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment recommendations
- Valid truck driving licence (Class B, C & E)
- Minimum Educational Qualification: KCSE
- Valid Police Clearance Certificate.
- Transport goods to and from authorized locations
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Follow the given routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log periods and kilometers spent driving
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Be flexible and open minded;
- Result oriented;
- Critical thinker;
- Analytical skills;
- Problem solver.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge send your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th October 2017.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Stratostaff is an Equal Opportunity Employer