Job Vacancy:Pharmaceutical Technologist
We are a retail pharmacy chain dispensing prescription and non-prescription pharmaceutical products.
The company has retail outlets located mostly in high traffic residential estates capitalizing on volumes created by health care medicine prescribers to the average Kenyan consumer.
General Purpose of the role: The Pharmaceutical Technologist major role is to manage inventory, dispense & service prescriptions accurately and manage sales revenue effectively.
He/she is also responsible in providing excellent customer service to the clients.
Key Responsibilities of the role
- Helps patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; dispensing medicine.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs & preparing ageing reports as often as possible.
- Maintains a safe and clean environment by complying with company standard operating procedures & government regulation. He/she cleans the floors and damp dusts the shelves.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for dispensing by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges as well as issuing cash sale receipts.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and other clientele.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information and sending them on time as required in the standard operating procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Conducting marketing activities together with the branch team and ensuring individual and branch sales targets are met/or exceeded.
- Take responsibility of his/her shop by ensuring that all operations of the shop are running smoothly and reporting any anomalies and breakages.
- Adhere to the Dangerous Drug Act regulation
- Ensure standard operating procedures are followed to the letter and timely feedback given
- Any other duty assigned by the Branch manager, Regional Manager or senior management staff.
Code of conduct required
- She/he must always be clean, smart and well groomed in uniform and name tag when on duty.
- She/he must be ready and willing to provide exemplary customer service in accordance to company brand and policies.
- She/he must adhere to the working hours as per shifts allocated; any absence from work must be reported in good time.
- He/she must keep the clients’ information confidential.
- He/she must adhere to the organization’s reporting structure.
- Must be a person with high level of integrity as there will be aspects of cash management
- Must not have prior criminal record
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent team player
- Negotiation skills.
- Able to achieve targets and exceed in performance
- Excellent written, reading and spoken English Language skills.
- IT literate. Preferably 2 years’ experience working with Phamacore point of sale system or any other related system.
- Excellent use of MS Office and Email (MUST).
- Customer focused and always willing to go the extra mile.
- Excellent communication skills with proven email etiquette.
- High energy and hungry for career growth and entrepreneurial coaching
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a reputable institution
- Pharmacy & Poisons Board certification highly desirable.
- At least one year experience post internship in a busy retail pharmacy.
- Competency in using Phamacore point of sale system or any other related system. The level desirable is at least 2 years’ experience
Qualified candidates are requested to send their applications which MUST include a cover letter, CV and copies of relevant testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the high volumes of applications, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Only qualified & shortlisted candidates will be contacted to attend interviews.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Areas of work are Nairobi, Western, Mt Kenya & Mombasa Regions.
We encourage applicants residing in these areas to apply.
Please indicate your area of preference in your application.