Career Opportunity:Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
RTI International is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition.
With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park.
RTI International is implementing a USAID funded five year activity that aims to enhance the employability of Kenya Youth for increased wage and self -employment for underemployed youth who have not completed secondary school.
The Kenya Youth Employment and Skills Program
K-YES seek to engage a Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (M &E) in Nairobi working under the direction of the Senior M&E Specialist.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be support the program M&E activities: by making certain accurate and valid data collection processes, overseeing and undertaking data entry; ensuring that essential and ongoing monitoring data are properly accounted for.
S/he will also oversee other special studies, contribute to study reports as well as regular monitoring reporting.
- Support the development and maintenance of M&E systems that will generate timely information and feedback to project counterparts at all levels and to the Client
- Work with the county coordination team to ensure smooth system and information flow
- Provide inputs into the preparation of annual, quarterly, monthly and other required reports.
- Ensure that all program data collected at County levels are timely communicated for reporting
- Guide County coordinators in monitoring progress for output and outcome indicators.
- Handle logistics and oversee program data collection for monitoring purposes and for special studies
- Undertake periodic Data Quality Assessment
- Conduct Employment and Loan tracer surveys to assess achievement on key planned outcomes
- Train program staff and local partners on data management, data analysis, basic surveying and sampling techniques methods
- Ensure that M&E work plans are updated and that county and other technical units are aware of their targets and accomplishments
Qualifications: Master’s degree in Statistics or a related field with at least one year of experience in monitoring & evaluation, capacity building for individuals and organizations or Bachelor’s degree with 6 years’ experience.
Proficiency in evaluation design and development of indicators; designing and conducting small-scale operations research studies with good working knowledge of descriptive and inferential statistics.
Administrative experience with ability to perform computations, advanced computer skills including experience with: Excel, Publisher, SPSS and any other Statistical package.
Experience with USAID funded workforce Development Programs is strongly preferred
Desired Skills; Demonstrated punctuality, attention to detail, patience, good humor, flexibility, and overall positive attitude
Please email cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th October, 2017
Applicants must include the POSITION TITLE in the subject line of their email.